- In-Room Tablets
- Crave Console
- Takeaway Today
- Crave CMS
- Crave NOC
Crave In-Room tablets and Staff Consoles must be connected to a WiFi network at all times to ensure full functionality and connectivity to our cloud-based platform. Connecting to WiFi is a simple process and requires just a few small steps.
To connect an In-Room Tablet or Staff Console to WiFi you will require a level-three Employee Pin Code. If you do not know your pin code or do not have the required level, please contact Crave Support.
1. Connecting to WiFi
- Select the Crave logo or your company logo displayed on the footer bar to open the staff login.
- Enter your pin code, then select the login button to access the management menu.
- Select the Open configuration menu.
- Select the WiFi tab. This will display a list of available WiFi networks.
Identify your WiFi network, Enter your WiFi password (if required) and then click Connect. Your Crave device will now connect to the selected network. Once connected, select Close to return to the configuration menu and then click Close again to return to the application.
2. Connecting to a Hidden SSID Network
If your network operates with a hidden SSID then you will need to manually add the network settings:
- Click Add and enter your network SSID name.
- Select your security encryption level.
- Enter your password and then click Connect.
- Once it has connected, click Close to return to the configuration menu.
Please Note: Crave devices require a continuous internet connection. Any authentication requirements or captive portals on your network may reduce their functionality and ability to connect to the Crave cloud platform. Please contact Crave support if you require further assistance or support with WiFi connectivity.
Crave In-Room tablets and Consoles support both 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz frequency. You can manually change the frequency on each individual device. There are three options available:
Auto - Connects to any available frequencies, automatically choosing the best option.
2.4GHz Only - Restricts the WiFi to 2.4GHz frequency only. Tablets will not be able to find or connect to any 5GHz networks and it will disconnect all 5GHz networks it was previously connected to.
5GHz Only - Restricts the WiFi to 5GHz only. Tablets will not be able to find or connect to any 2.4Hz networks and it will disconnect all 2.4GHz networks it was previously connected to.
You may be required to change the WiFi frequency if you are having connectivity issues relating to speed, stability or when advised by Crave Support.