The following instructions will guide you through the steps required to add a new product to your ServeSafely menu. Products are added and managed in the Crave CMS. You will require your Username and Password in order to login to the Crave CMS.
1. Login to Crave CMS
- Learn How Login to the Crave CMS if this is your first time or you need an account to be created
2. Navigate to the Menu
- On the main navigation bar at the top of the CMS screen select Products > Menu
- Double click on the menu you wish to add your product.
3. Navigate to category
- Your menu is organised in a tree structure. You can use the Expand or Collapse links to to enable easy navigation and help the locate the category you wish to place your product in. Each category will also have a + symbol (on the left hand side) to allow you to expand the category
- If you are creating a new category, please reference the How to add a Category guide before creating your product.
4. Add Product
5. Configure your Product
- To configure the product, click the 'edit' icon and this will open up the product page on the generic tab
- Fields highlighted with a red line (name, price and tax tariff) are mandatory fields and must be completed before the product can be saved.
- Price: Enter a price for the item. If the item has price variations due to size/modifiers etc, click on the 'Advanced' tab and tick the 'Hide Price' box and click 'Save'.
Tax Tariff: All products must have a Tax Tariff selected, use the drop-down to select the appropriate tariff and click 'Save'
- Schedule (if applicable): You can use the dropdown to select a schedule for the product to be visible/orderable and click 'Save'. Learn How create or edit a schedule
- Other areas to configure include description - Short Description and Description.
- Short Description is displayed on the menu list view and is generally used to display price / portion size or a short description of the product.
- Description is the main description displayed to guests when a product is selected/clicked. This description can be more detailed and descriptive to help sell your products
6. Adding an Alteration or Modifier
- Learn How to create an alteration or modifier
- If the Alteration or Modifier already exists you can attach it to the product by selecting the Alteration V3 tab. You will then be able to select the Alteration from the drop down list. You can add up to 10 Alteration per product
8. Save Product
- After all the product details have been added, select 'Save and Go' to return to the menu. No further action is required and your new product will be visible to guests