- Takeaway Today
- Crave CMS
- In-Room Tablets
- Crave Console
- Crave NOC
Banners can be used to promote services and promotions within AppLess pages. This article will article will guide you through the steps required to create and display a banner on your AppLess pages.
How to Make a Banner
All banners require some an image for the background, regardless of whether you choose to use the in-built text features or not. in order to create a banner you will require access to an digital media editing tool such as Photoshop.
The pixel dimensions required for a banner image are 800 x 270 pixels.
1. Open Photoshop on your computer and select 'Create New' and input the dimensions 800 x 270 pixels.
2. A blank canvas will be created similar to the image below, which can be blank, or you add something more advanced such a a corporate or brand theme.
3. Depending on the purpose of your banner, you don't necessarily have to add text as in the example below. The Crave CMS has the ability to overlay the banner with text. You can now use the tools within photoshop to design your banner.
4. Once your banner is complete, press file, export, and press 'save for web legacy'. This allows the image to download at the highest quality. Make sure you select PNG 24 at the top and have the transparency box ticked. Then save.
How to Add a Banner to a Page
1. Login to the Crave CMS. If this is your first time or do not have an account, please see our
How to Login to the Crave CMS guide for further assistance.
2. Select AppLess on the main CMS navigation followed by AppLess Configuration.
3. Select the pages tab and then double click on the page you would like to add the banner.
4. Select the green addition icons.
5. Add a friendly name for the action banner.
6. Select the Type dropdown menu and select Action banner.
7. Open up the banner using the pen & paper edit icon.
8. If your image requires a text overlay then you will need to add the required and select the overlay type as on. If your image already has text included, then you can skip this step.
9. Before you can continue you will need to select an action. An action determines what happens when you guest press the banner. The available options include:
- Page - Links to another AppLess page
- Category - Links to a Category in your menu
- Product - Links to a Product in your menu
- Resource Type - Links to an external resource such as a website, phone number or social media.
10. Press Save on the menu bar to save the action
11. Select the images tab followed by add. Browse to the banner image you made earlier to select it. Change the JPG quality to 100. Select the required dimension. You can now select the choose file button to browse to the banner you created earlier.
12. Check the AppLess page to see whether your banner has been added successfully.