This document describes the features and steps required to publish configuration or content changes made in the Crave CMS to In-room tablets.
Scheduled Command Task
A Scheduled Command Task is a maintenance routine which is carried out on the In-room tablets. This includes processes such as restarting or updating the In-room tablets.
You will not be able to publish any Configuration or Content changes while a Scheduled Command Task is running.
You can check if a Scheduled Command Task is running in the Crave CMS by going to:
Tools > Scheduled Command Tasks.
If a Scheduled Command Task is already running, you will need to wait until it is completed before you can publish your changes.
How do I Publish Changes?
There are two methods to publish your changes, Refresh Time Stamps or Push Menu. The correct
one to use depends on the type of changes you have made.
Refreshing Timestamps allow changes made to the following features to be published:
- Creating a new Deliverypoint.
- Changes to an existing Deliverypoint.
- Changing a Room Controller IP or Host name.
- Changing a Room Controller Configuration.
- Changes to a Client.
- Changing a Room Control area.
- Changes to POS features.
- Creating or editing messages.
- Creating or editing an Entertainment.
- Creating or editing a widget or advertisement.
- Creating or editing UI Schemes.
- Creating or editing footerbar items.
How do I Refresh Timestamps?
1 - Select Company from the navigation bar followed by Companies from the drop down menu.
2 - Click the edit button.
3 - Select the advanced tab.
4 - Within the Actions section you will see different timestamps that can be refreshed. You have the option to refresh all or refresh an individual timestamp.
Once you have refreshed timestamps, allow 2 minutes for the changes to propagate to the server. You can then restart the In-Room tablets.
NOTE: The following error indicates a Scheduled Command Task is running. Please refer to 'Scheduled Command Task' section.
Push Menu allows changes to the following menu features to be published.
- Creating a new menu.
- Adding new categories or products.
- Editing categories or products.
- Deleting categories or products.
- Adding or editing category or product images.
- Adding attachments to products.
- Adding or changing category or product images.
- Adding language translation to category or products.
How do I Push Menu?
1 - Select the Push tab on the menu.
2 - Select the Push Menu button.
The menu will now be published.The larger the menu the longer it will take to complete.
Once the menu push has been completed, you can restart the In-room tablets.
NOTE: The following error messages indicates that a Scheduled Command Task is already running or that another person has recently pushed the menu and it has not finished publishing. Please refer to 'Scheduled Command Task' section.
When do you not need to Publish Changes?
The following changes do not need timestamps to be refreshed or the Menu to be pushed.
- Adding a Homescreen image.
- Editing a Site.
- Changes to the power menu options such as daily order rest and night mode.
- Adding or editing console fields.
These changes only require a restart of the In-room tablets.